END TIME PREPARATIONS
There is too often disagreement between believers as to whether they should “store up” for end times of crisis or “just trust the Lord”. A note of caution: storing up is not for self-serving purposes but rather to share with and help others in time of need.
We have two excellent examples in Scripture that help clarify this issue:
Joseph stored up seven good years for seven lean years and Elijah was fed by a widow and a raven!
There is a balance in understanding that both Joseph and Elijah heard God correctly and were obedient to His command. For Joseph to have rejected God’s command and not stored up, he would have been disobedient. And so in the case of Elijah, had he stored up, he would have been disobedient.
So it comes down to “hearing God” clearly based on His Word and His Spirit’s revelation to each of us concerning the choice of “storing up” or “being fed by ravens and widows”.
There are some six clear Biblical principles that should guide us:
1. Awareness of and Joy in His Presence “In Thy presence is fullness of joy…” (Psalm 16:11)
2. Trust “Trust in the Lord with all your heart…” (Proverbs 3:5)
3. Rest “Come unto me…and I will give you rest.”(Matthew 11:28)
4. Peace “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace…” (Isaiah 26:3)
5. Hear “He that hath ears, let him hear what the Spirit saith…” (Revelation 2:7)
6. Obey “Obedience is better than sacrifice…” (I Samuel 15:22)
Note: The teaching on “How to Hear God” can be downloaded free from our website http://www.churchrestoration.org. It is a Biblical study to help believers hear God more clearly.
|© 2014 New Testament Church|